Wednesday 14 August 2013

Bump!

Many of you have been asking how bump is going and how I have been so I thought I would focus the start of this entry on bump.
We've now hit 38 weeks and it's all going very well. Much to my surprise, when I fisrt went to the doctors over here they were very happy with everything that had been done in the UK and didn't want to repeat any of the tests or do a scan! For the last couple of weeks I have been having weekly check ups with the doctors and they seem very happy with my progress. As far as we can see this pregnancy is going very similarly to the last one apart from a lack of swollen feet :)

We still have no idea whether it's a boy or girl but I think deep down Andy and I suspect it will be another girl. Steph is convinced she is having a little sister, if you ask her she will say 'having little sister'. We keep saying that it might be a brother but she just repeats 'having little sister'. I think we could all be setting ourselves up for a big shock!
The only time Steph has contemplated having a brother was in the shops last week when she saw something she wanted that was blue and she tried to convince us that her little brother would need it!
We were highly entertained on one of my visits to the doctors. I asked about recommended vitamins as my UK supply had run out. She said she'd give me a couple of samples to try - below is a picture of the couple she gave me!

When I got them home Andy was highly amused over the size of some of these pills! He then proceeded to measure it and compare it to a fruit pastel!

Now we find ourselves feeling fairly settled and unable to quite believe that we're going to completely turn our lives upside down again in the next three weeks. We had confirmation this week that we get the keys to the house on Friday :-). So next weekend shall be spent moving what we have here across and shopping for the various things we will need like a hoover and a lawn mower. It's obviously a sign of age but I'm really looking forward to having a decent hoover, the one in this house is driving me mad, particularly with it's miniscule cable! Bending down to keep plugging and unplugging it is not one of my favourite jobs at the moment, particularly as the American sockets are also winding me up. It takes forever to get the plug in the socket and then the smallest tug pulls it right out!

We've been gathering bits for Steph's room over the last few weeks as all her old stuff will now become the baby's. Therefore she has got 'new' furniture and bedding etc. The request for bedding was pink giraffes! (I did succeed!!) Yesterday I bought her a new pillow, which I then added to the pile of stuff at the bottom of my wardrobe. This morning it got removed from my wardrobe, by a certain someone, and put at the bottom of Steph's :)

Once we've moved all the stuff we have here over we then need to prepare ourselves for the arrival of the container on Monday. I can't wait to have it all and I know I will be desperate to sort and organise everything. However, I suspect I may be best staying out of the way on Monday until the men have done their job - otherwise I may just cause chaos and confusion. I am thoroughly looking forward to spending the rest of the week on a journey of rediscovery and playing house - hopefully munchkin will be so distracted by the rediscovery of her toys that I may get at least a small amount of time to do this.

And then at some point in the next 4 weeks we will add to the chaos as bump will materialize :-)

In the meantime we've been carrying on with the exploring of the local area. We managed another walk at the weekend, where Steph was intent on climbing every bit of rock she could find :)
At one point she was moving faster than Andy could keep up with her!
Stephie and I have also been playing crafting this week. She managed to keep clothes on for this so we had much less body art this week. I've been teaching her to use scissors and she has also discovered glue. So our crafting mainly consisted of her gluing everything she could find...........


No comments:

Post a Comment